-
wifi, pppoe
Knoppix live CD 3.9, kernel 2.6.11,
Knoppix is working from the cd – it is not installed on the hard drive.
Wireless network card isn’t supported with linux drivers.
In order to use the card I’m employing ndiswrapper.
After the card is installed I’m connecting to my ISP’s Access Point.
Dynamic IP is provided by DHCP.
And here I’m in a bush.
ISP require login and password.
I’m using „ADSL/PPPOE configurationâ€?.
It’s discovering PPPoE Access Concentrator on wlan0, and making changes to dsl-provider file,
everything without any problem. I have to type login and pass and click OK. few times and it is done even with information that ppp0 is triggered but basically is not working.
After typing in the text mode as root „pon dsl-providerâ€? Knoppix will return
Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded
/usr/sbin/pppd: In file /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider: unrecognized option 'wlan0'
If I will type ifconfig wlan0 is listed and I can see that IP, and proper ssid is assigned.
I will appreciate any help or suggestion, tks.
Konrad
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
You are running wifi, or at least trying to (I do have one card that works with Knoppix but many that do not). So why are you mucking with pppoe software? Presumably your wifi card is connecting to a wireless router (I didn't quite catch just what that hardware make and model is). As long as you are using a normal wifi router, it will take care of all of the pppoe stuff and log into the ISP, get it's internet IP asddress and other configuration information. It will then hand out private NAT IP addresses to it's clients, including you. You don't need no stinkin' pppoe software.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
not my AP, pppoe to logon over wlan0
This is not my private wifi router (i.e. at home for my dsl connection) this is the router that belongs to my ISP. So, wifi is just used to connect to ISP. And then when I’m connected I have to logon. Router will assign me ip dynamically, then over established connection I have to logon with pppoe (I’m doing this with windows and it’s working).
If something is still not clear pls let me know. And sorry for my English
Konrad
Similar Threads
-
By arroba in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2006, 03:35 PM
-
By konrad.gajda in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2006, 08:36 AM
-
By varaahan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-13-2005, 01:15 PM
-
By anappoly in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-18-2005, 02:51 PM
-
By voxxell99 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy A9 Plus 11.0" 64GB Navy SM-X210
$124.99

SAMSUNG XE310XBA Chromebook 4 11.6" Intel N4020 4GB 32GB CLEAN UP TO DATE X3 LOT
$89.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$44.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

8/10 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro SM-T638 128GB, Wi-Fi 5G Unlocked 10.1 BLACK
$339.00