-
Senior Member
registered user
Booting sequence gets stuck on this one part.
I start booting up Knoppix 4.0.2 CD and I get to the part where it is looking at the network devices and this is what is on the screen...
Network Device eth0 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP. (Backgrounding)
Network Device eth1 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP._
That's it. It gets hung up there and I have to do a hard, cold reboot. I turned off my router/DSL modem but that still didn't work. I tried 5 times and every time is the same thing.
What can I do to get past this?
I have an Averatec laptop with a Turion processor and 1GB DDR RAM. The bootup sequence is nice and colorful all the way up to that point with the network device. All USB devices, processor, RAM, harddrive, everything is detected.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By WolffEin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2007, 10:03 PM
-
By flognat in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2006, 10:11 PM
-
By Kater Karlo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 05:46 AM
-
By Alexxx in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 11:32 AM
-
By vampylestat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95