Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adding Software

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7

    Adding Software

    I'm using Knoppix to try out Linux but there is no real serious music production software; I'm talking about multitracking audio etc.

    Having created a permanent home on my HD for knoppix it would be great if I could install some Linux music apps to test them out - this is one of my main computer uses.

    I need to see what Linux can do in this area. The same must be true for people of other interests thinking of migrating from W*****s.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Most likely what you are looking for will not fit on Knoppix. I encourage you to try out programs like Ardour however. If you were looking for something like this on a live CD you might try looking at here. I have no idea what apps are on media pack though. The ideal solution would to be have a live version of Demudi, but even though producing a live CD version of Demudi is one of the projects goals, I haven't seen a lot of work going on with this project. Anyway I hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7

    Thanx

    Just to say thanks - I'm looking into what you have given. A friend is downloding the live CD for me (i'm on dial up) & then I will play

Similar Threads

  1. Adding Software
    By rubic_cube in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 10:27 AM
  2. Adding more ram?
    By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:47 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 12:08 AM
  4. newbie question, adding software with write needs
    By tomtom222 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 09:53 AM
  5. adding my own software in cd
    By kushaljerath in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$175.00



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



Dell Optiplex 5080 Intel Core i5 10th Gen 8GB RAM No Drive/OS USFF Desktop picture

Dell Optiplex 5080 Intel Core i5 10th Gen 8GB RAM No Drive/OS USFF Desktop

$125.75



Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675) picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)

$125.96



SRF8X Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18 Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB 150W Processor  CPU picture

SRF8X Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18 Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB 150W Processor CPU

$19.99



Dell OptiPlex 3050 (256 GB SSD, Intel Core i5 7th gen, 8 GB RAM) Working picture

Dell OptiPlex 3050 (256 GB SSD, Intel Core i5 7th gen, 8 GB RAM) Working

$49.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor…. picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….

$309.99



Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$177.21



DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND

$189.99