Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adding Software

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7

    Adding Software

    I'm using Knoppix to try out Linux but there is no real serious music production software; I'm talking about multitracking audio etc.

    Having created a permanent home on my HD for knoppix it would be great if I could install some Linux music apps to test them out - this is one of my main computer uses.

    I need to see what Linux can do in this area. The same must be true for people of other interests thinking of migrating from W*****s.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Most likely what you are looking for will not fit on Knoppix. I encourage you to try out programs like Ardour however. If you were looking for something like this on a live CD you might try looking at here. I have no idea what apps are on media pack though. The ideal solution would to be have a live version of Demudi, but even though producing a live CD version of Demudi is one of the projects goals, I haven't seen a lot of work going on with this project. Anyway I hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7

    Thanx

    Just to say thanks - I'm looking into what you have given. A friend is downloding the live CD for me (i'm on dial up) & then I will play

Similar Threads

  1. Adding Software
    By rubic_cube in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 10:27 AM
  2. Adding more ram?
    By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:47 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 12:08 AM
  4. newbie question, adding software with write needs
    By tomtom222 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 09:53 AM
  5. adding my own software in cd
    By kushaljerath in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030 picture

Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030

$149.00



Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW picture

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW

$1000.00



Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card picture

Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card

$224.99



Litton Vintage 8K x 16 Memory Board Module Expansion Card MPN 30-10654 picture

Litton Vintage 8K x 16 Memory Board Module Expansion Card MPN 30-10654

$750.00



Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested picture

Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested

$69.77



Vintage Addonics PocketCD98 External CD-ROM Drive USB 2.0 - Complete CIB picture

Vintage Addonics PocketCD98 External CD-ROM Drive USB 2.0 - Complete CIB

$29.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Compaq Portable II Personal Computer 256K 5.25

Vintage Compaq Portable II Personal Computer 256K 5.25" disk 80286 9" GRN DOS 3.

$285.00



Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights picture

Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights

$199.00



Vintage Dell Optiplex GX1 800L Celeron 128 MB Ram No hard drive or o.s. picture

Vintage Dell Optiplex GX1 800L Celeron 128 MB Ram No hard drive or o.s.

$119.95