-
Question - Virus Removal from WinXP with Knoppix
So here's the thing, I've gotten F-Prot to scan the hard drive and it found a ton of stuff on my friend's XP box. I've used grep to find the key words: Infection, dropper, & "security risk" and dropped them each into their own little .txt file. Now, other than parsing each file and manually deleting each infected or risky file, is there an easy way to use these files to make a script to automatically delete each file? Bear in mind I've barely gotten my feet wet inasmuch as Knoppix is concerned.
For those that want to know, I'm using the disk that came with "Knoppix Hacks" (O'Reily) and its rather friendly installation of F-Prot. I believe it's based off of 3.4. I'll be using Captive to write to an NTFS file system (yes, I'm aware of the risks...but if you know of something better to use, I'm game).
Thanks in advance,
'Goon
Similar Threads
-
By mid1700s in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
-
By Jyn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-13-2006, 06:38 AM
-
By Ekoi Panot in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2006, 10:25 PM
-
By bread in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 02:34 AM
-
By HitmanKB in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 03:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99