-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Agreed, but still...

Originally Posted by
RandomGoon
.... what's the current "best" way to write to an NTFS partition via Knoppix? I only ask because I have thusfar had good luck with captive but I do feel the lightning seeking me out...
I don't know of any current best way. My advice to anyone dead set on trying this would be to find an old copy of Knoppix before captive was removed from it.
The numbered responses are big time savers, and they allow me to give a quick response to questions that I otherwise would likely not respond to since they are so common in these forums. And some people actually have appreciated the feedback and thanked me for it. Maybe I should write a numbered section about captive (even though #6 brushes the topic slightly). But most people who know about captive seem to know it's bad for you, they just think they want to do it anyway, so I don't know what that section can tell them.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By mid1700s in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
-
By Jyn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-13-2006, 06:38 AM
-
By Ekoi Panot in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2006, 10:25 PM
-
By bread in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 02:34 AM
-
By HitmanKB in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 03:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99