I setup a 100meg persistent home on my memorex traveldrive, everything seemed to go fine. Problem is that when I restart, sometimes knoppix will tell me that it has detected a persistent home on the drive and sometimes it won't detect it. If I use the command 'knoppix home=/mnt/sda1' at startup it will sometimes find my home and sometimes it won't. Any ideas on why this could be happening? The USB drive works fine, I can access it in either windows or linux.
I'm running a Dell Inspiron 8200, which only supports USB 1.1, it has the latest bios version.

Lot of 2 32GB (64GB total) SKhynx 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-AB1-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH MEMORY
$299.99
2024 MacBook Pro - 14-inch - M4 Pro - 24GB RAM - 512GB SSD - ''Rеаd dеѕсriрtiоn
$1197.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 ECC Server RAM Memory HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99
Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V LD2 DDR4 ECC Server RAM Memory M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Y
$299.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Lot of 36 Samsung M393B2G70BH0-YH9Q8 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L-10600R Memory Rams
$650.00
(8 TOTAL) IBM Micron MT36KSF2G72PZ-1G6E1FE 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L 12800R (see notes)
$129.00
SK Hynix 32GB Kit 2x16GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000 ECC RDIMM Server RAM 774172-001
$99.99