Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Can not find SCSI hard disk?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3

    Can not find SCSI hard disk?

    Hey,guys, could you help me to solve scsi disk detection problems:

    I am using the Knoppix CD(version3.6) to boot my server, Dell PowerEdge 2300(very old), after I get in the GUI environment, I can not find scsi diskdrivers.

    ( I have installed Debian on this machine already, and I can use the scsi disks.)

    1. under the /dev directory, I found : sda, sdb, sdc, sdd, sde, sdf, sdg , that is crazying!! because I dont have these
    many scsi disks.

    the correct thing should be sda and sdb.

    2. under the /proc, there is nothing in the "partitions" file....

    3. so I think I need load some scsi modules.
    modprobe dm-mod
    modprobe megaraid_mm
    modprobe megaraid_mbox

    but I always get the same error message: can not locate module......


    Could someone help me? very appreciate that..........

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    are there scsi modules available to load?
    command: find /lib/modules -iname '*raid*'

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3
    yes, I can find some raid module under the lib\module\

    these are : raid0,1,5 ; accraid; megaraid(2)

    but I can not load them.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3
    Solved part of the problem,
    I download a new version of KNOPPIX( 4.0), then all the modules could be loaded.

    however, i still can't use the cfdisk,
    cfdisk /dev/sda

    I got "FATAL error: can not open disk drive"

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    It must be done as root or with root authority. Command:
    sudo cfdisk /dev/sda
    See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500 for explanation.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1

    Changes in megaraid

    It appears that newer versions of the MegaRAID driver dropped support for PERC2. jdan and I have been trying to figure out how to get a working version of the old MegaRAID driver on a boot CD.

    It doesn't have to be Knoppix. The main concern is that we can (1) access the MegaRAID devices and (2) run rsync over ssh (or maybe tar over ssh).

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    135

    Changes in megaraid

    Ubuntu (I don't remember which release) picked up an old perc2/dc without issues.

    I did have to manually insmod the megaraid driver in a debian install for hardware support.

    Building the legacy megaraid driver is a pain as the makefile uses the old build format.

Similar Threads

  1. How do i find my hard disk
    By darkcama in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 07:24 AM
  2. Cannot boot Knoppix - Cannot find module for AHA1542 SCSI
    By wavesailor in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 03:40 PM
  3. SCSI cd-rom ==> Could not find kernel image: noscsi
    By Moozie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 07:14 PM
  4. Machine with SCSI disk
    By tjcw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 10:16 PM
  5. Install on SCSI-Disk
    By Fritz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 09:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Intel Core i7-11700 8-Core 2.50GHz LGA1200 CPU Processor SRKNS picture

Intel Core i7-11700 8-Core 2.50GHz LGA1200 CPU Processor SRKNS

$150.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$175.00



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core 4.50GHz Socket AM5 CPU 32MB L3 MPN 100-000000591 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core 4.50GHz Socket AM5 CPU 32MB L3 MPN 100-000000591

$150.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor…. picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….

$309.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked picture

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked

$69.99



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th Gen: Core i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WIn 11 Pro picture

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th Gen: Core i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WIn 11 Pro

$299.99



AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor MPN 100-000000071 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor MPN 100-000000071

$85.00