Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: connecting internet over windows LAN

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1

    connecting internet over windows LAN

    I'm a newbie. I Use knoppix 4.0.2 live dvd edition at my workplace. We have a windows LAN, I can connect to the internet with same machine when I boot windows XP, but I can't with knoppix. Knoppix detects my network hardware properly and I can see my network over samba but when I try to connect internet my browser says "connected with ...com waiting for reply" but nothing happens. Can I do something for correct this.

    Thanks for your help

    yours sincerely

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: connecting internet over windows LAN

    Quote Originally Posted by mmeric
    I'm a newbie. I Use knoppix 4.0.2 live dvd edition at my workplace. We have a windows LAN, I can connect to the internet with same machine when I boot windows XP, but I can't with knoppix. Knoppix detects my network hardware properly and I can see my network over samba but when I try to connect internet my browser says "connected with ...com waiting for reply" but nothing happens. Can I do something for correct this.
    Thanks for your help
    yours sincerely
    Check if you browser is setup with a proxy (cache) or ask your sys admin about the proxy setup.
    Most companies are using this in combination with a "nasty" (proxied) firewall to secure their network.
    Hope this helps,
    Gilles

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Milton keynes
    Posts
    3

    Reply

    Try using the command pump in a shell.

    pump -i eth0

    or

    pump -i eth1

    this will configure an IP address for your PC. You'll probably find that your connected but you haven't been given a specified IP address.
    this command has to be run as root. I think knoppix uses root on live version.

    Jason

Similar Threads

  1. connecting to internet
    By alok in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:07 AM
  2. Need help connecting to the internet
    By plasmakills in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 04:56 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 04:34 PM
  4. allow connecting the internet
    By P.Enguin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 06:31 PM
  5. Connecting to the internet
    By Randomi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 12:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00