I love this linux distro, i ran it for the first time today. What I would like to know is, how would I save my settings, files, updates and the like so I can I use them later. For example, say that I download a music file, and wish to keep it, is there a way i could put in my HD, and when I boot up my live cd again, it is is my home directory. Also, if i was to update a program or install a new program, how would I go about saving it, so that i could use it later. I woudn't mind to terribly, to create a small ext3 partation to do this in if need be. I just would like to keep the actual operating system on a disk though. I am using the Latest Knoppix Game version, DVD.
Thanks for any input and support,
Hoso001
*********************************************Edit* ***************************
I am sorry, issue resolved, I have figured out how to use the forums... search feature![]()
Answer:
Knoppix--->>Configure----->>Create a persistant Knoppix Disk Image

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95