I love this linux distro, i ran it for the first time today. What I would like to know is, how would I save my settings, files, updates and the like so I can I use them later. For example, say that I download a music file, and wish to keep it, is there a way i could put in my HD, and when I boot up my live cd again, it is is my home directory. Also, if i was to update a program or install a new program, how would I go about saving it, so that i could use it later. I woudn't mind to terribly, to create a small ext3 partation to do this in if need be. I just would like to keep the actual operating system on a disk though. I am using the Latest Knoppix Game version, DVD.
Thanks for any input and support,
Hoso001
*********************************************Edit* ***************************
I am sorry, issue resolved, I have figured out how to use the forums... search feature![]()
Answer:
Knoppix--->>Configure----->>Create a persistant Knoppix Disk Image

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99