-
How do I save my settings and files?
I love this linux distro, i ran it for the first time today. What I would like to know is, how would I save my settings, files, updates and the like so I can I use them later. For example, say that I download a music file, and wish to keep it, is there a way i could put in my HD, and when I boot up my live cd again, it is is my home directory. Also, if i was to update a program or install a new program, how would I go about saving it, so that i could use it later. I woudn't mind to terribly, to create a small ext3 partation to do this in if need be. I just would like to keep the actual operating system on a disk though. I am using the Latest Knoppix Game version, DVD.
Thanks for any input and support,
Hoso001
*********************************************Edit* ***************************
I am sorry, issue resolved, I have figured out how to use the forums... search feature
Answer:
Knoppix--->>Configure----->>Create a persistant Knoppix Disk Image
Similar Threads
-
By joshknape in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-30-2006, 02:53 AM
-
By Akkarin in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-22-2005, 01:42 AM
-
By ricesteam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
-
By Dooley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98