My US Robotics PCI modem works with Mandrake 9.1 because
I could choose COM5 during the install.
Knoppix only offers COM 1-4.
Can I get this modem working with Knoppix?
My US Robotics PCI modem works with Mandrake 9.1 because
I could choose COM5 during the install.
Knoppix only offers COM 1-4.
Can I get this modem working with Knoppix?
Check out this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=720#2839
HTH
rock
MattT 's script did the trick.
------snip
Type this into a root shell:
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV ttyS4
ln -s ttyS4 modem
chmod 777 modem
chmod 777 ttyS4
------snip
Running Knoppix as I write this. Incredible! Just incredible!
I don't use any dialup hardware, but is this the standard fare for people with dialup modems? If so, Knoppix config scripts need a little tweaking.
EdlinUser - Glad you got it working!
--
aay - Newer pc i modems use non-standard "COM" ports such as ttyS4.
--
rock

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$385.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99