Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: KDE Update?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32

    KDE Update?

    Hello

    I am going to update my KDE to 3.5.x . My question is:

    (1). Shoud I remove old KDE first?
    (2). How can I install new KDE (3.5.x), shoud I download all packages manualy, or can I use apt to solve this problem?

    Thx for any help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: KDE Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmartin
    I am going to update my KDE to 3.5.x . My question is:

    (1). Shoud I remove old KDE first?
    (2). How can I install new KDE (3.5.x), shoud I download all packages manualy, or can I use apt to solve this problem?
    I have remastered Knoppix since 3.8 version and I think it had KDE 3.2. I have never removed old KDE before upgrading and now I have KDE 3.5.1. So I think removing old KDE is not necessary.

    To be honest there has sometimes been wrong mime types in new KDE and you get a report of it in ~/.xsession-errors file. I have fixed them manually and then starting KDE don't give error messages.

    I have installed new KDE by 'apt-get dist-upgrade' -never downloading packages manually.


    -tapsa-

Similar Threads

  1. Update kernel / update knoppix HDD
    By 105547111 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 05:40 AM
  2. apt-get update
    By REDWIND in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 03:36 PM
  3. Can I update to 3.6?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 11:36 PM
  4. 3.3 update
    By baldyeti in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:02 PM
  5. apt-get update
    By dugstratton in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



New BroadCom 9500-8i Tri-Mode HBA Card Storage Adapter New-Sealed picture

New BroadCom 9500-8i Tri-Mode HBA Card Storage Adapter New-Sealed

$245.57