Hi, I hope this post is in the right forum. This is my first post ever in this forum. I got addicted to Knoppix after buying the book "Hacking Knoppix" (ISBN 0764597841). As I am very interested in IT security I would like to know what possibilities Knoppix has with regard to Traceroute and Ping etc. I read in the book about the mtr command, the ping command, the nmap command, nessus etc. It's great.
I am a frequent user of www.dnsstuff.com and I would like to know if it's possible to use the following commands with Knoppix too (and, if so, what commands or programs to use):
DNS lookup (MX record, A record, CNAME record)
Reverse DNS lookup
E-mail Test
DNS report
Thank you so much
Stamitz![]()

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62