Hi, I hope this post is in the right forum. This is my first post ever in this forum. I got addicted to Knoppix after buying the book "Hacking Knoppix" (ISBN 0764597841). As I am very interested in IT security I would like to know what possibilities Knoppix has with regard to Traceroute and Ping etc. I read in the book about the mtr command, the ping command, the nmap command, nessus etc. It's great.
I am a frequent user of www.dnsstuff.com and I would like to know if it's possible to use the following commands with Knoppix too (and, if so, what commands or programs to use):
DNS lookup (MX record, A record, CNAME record)
Reverse DNS lookup
E-mail Test
DNS report
Thank you so much
Stamitz![]()

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99