Hi, I hope this post is in the right forum. This is my first post ever in this forum. I got addicted to Knoppix after buying the book "Hacking Knoppix" (ISBN 0764597841). As I am very interested in IT security I would like to know what possibilities Knoppix has with regard to Traceroute and Ping etc. I read in the book about the mtr command, the ping command, the nmap command, nessus etc. It's great.
I am a frequent user of www.dnsstuff.com and I would like to know if it's possible to use the following commands with Knoppix too (and, if so, what commands or programs to use):
DNS lookup (MX record, A record, CNAME record)
Reverse DNS lookup
E-mail Test
DNS report
Thank you so much
Stamitz![]()

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Dell Precision 7560 i7-11850H 2.5GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 15.6" T1200 No OS: Fair
$459.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74
Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC
$119.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99