-
DNS stuff
Hi, I hope this post is in the right forum. This is my first post ever in this forum. I got addicted to Knoppix after buying the book "Hacking Knoppix" (ISBN 0764597841). As I am very interested in IT security I would like to know what possibilities Knoppix has with regard to Traceroute and Ping etc. I read in the book about the mtr command, the ping command, the nmap command, nessus etc. It's great.
I am a frequent user of www.dnsstuff.com and I would like to know if it's possible to use the following commands with Knoppix too (and, if so, what commands or programs to use):
DNS lookup (MX record, A record, CNAME record)
Reverse DNS lookup
E-mail Test
DNS report
Thank you so much
Stamitz
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By digitaltsai in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-27-2006, 04:39 AM
-
By WaKa in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-17-2005, 12:01 PM
-
By silvershadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99