OK - I've now run the 4.0.2. DVD. Lack of disk space on my Windows 98 machine meant I had to use my NTFS configured laptop. Nevertheless, this was configured intially to run the 4.0.2. CD cloop file from the hard disk.
I simply replaced the single KNOPPIX cloop file with the two files KNOPPIX, KNOPPIX2 from the 4.0.2 DVD and it booted up into the DVD version no problem.
I am beginning to wonder if PaulBx1 tried to run the 5.0.0 DVD using the linux and minirt.gz files from the 4.0.2 CD. If so then I would suggest updating these files on his hard drive and see how it goes.
ICPUG

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99