While I've long been advocatingh the md5 check and if you had done it you now wouldn't be wondering, I very much doubt that everything else is working and that only this is failing if there was a checksum problem.
Hello,
I am using Knoppix on a live CD, and after tracing the internet connection's problem to a DNS error, I tried to edit the /etc/resolv.conf file to fix it. However, several things went wrong
1) Under the terminal, it will not give me permission to edit this file, even as root or su
2) Whenever I try to access the /etc/ folder under KDE it gives me an error (can't remember right now, will tell if anyone feels it will be help solving the problem)
3) Whenever I hover over to the etc folder from the start menu, the computer just freezes.
Now, I did not use the MD5 to check the burned disc, do you think this problem is caused by a bad disc or is it a legitimate Knoppix problem?
While I've long been advocatingh the md5 check and if you had done it you now wouldn't be wondering, I very much doubt that everything else is working and that only this is failing if there was a checksum problem.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Was my post removed before?
i think i have the same kind of problem. as i didnt could get windows to work with my new broadband connection i used the dns servers etc. i got from windows dchp and added the settings to insert(a knoppix dist) and it works fine but when i test the same settings with the same program (netcardconfig) to change the files in knoppix, the resolv.conf gets resetted to original. very annoying
i would rather use whoppix and knoppix from 3 to 3.6 then insert daily
nevermind, it was my cpu clock battery that was dead

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$369.59
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55