Wow, Is this thing on? a shiny new version of Knoppix has been anounced and it's not news? you can buy a copy now for 6 euors plus shipping
Knoppix 5.0 is going to be turned loose at CeBit. Then to the public 2 weeks to a month after that. I was able to purchace Knoppix 3.5 left over from CeBit for about $15 us.
http://www.knopper.net/cebit/index-en.htmlIntroducing KNOPPIX version 5.0
The KNOPPIX 5.0 Live DVD contains some major changes in the unionfs-based file system, new hardware detection and autoconfiguration, and a more "genuine Debian" oriented selection of packages. Apart from this, the harddisk install option ("knoppix-installer") has been extended by Martin Öhler, based on the work of Fabian Franz, featuring a "live update" of specific packages from a new version of the live DVD or CD.
The first release of Knoppix 5.0 is exclusively available as a free pressed DVD on CeBIT, at the KNOPPER.NET booth (University of applied sciences Zweibrücken, Hall 9, booth C39/31) and at the Heise booth (Hall 5, E3. The pressing of the CeBIT KNOPPIX DVDs has been sponsored, like in the past years, by the Heise publishing company.
You can find more information about "KNOPPIX @ CeBIT" at the Heise Newsticker (german text) .
What's new:
* Linux Kernel 2.6.15.4
* Debian (testing/unstable)
* Xorg Version 6.9
* udev+hwsetup for automatic hardware detection
* KDE 3.5.1, GNOME 2.12 from Debian/unstable
* OpenOffice 2.0.1 (german+english)
* transparent write access for NTFS partitions (libntfs+fuse)
* new knoppix-installer now also with the possibility to update existing installations of Knoppix
* Many Updates...
Roadmap: Earliest date 2 weeks after CeBIT, the CD edition of KNOPPIX 5.0 should be ready and will be available for download, together wih the DVD version, from the usual mirrors.
Wow, Is this thing on? a shiny new version of Knoppix has been anounced and it's not news? you can buy a copy now for 6 euors plus shipping
No one having attended the CeBIT to comment on this?
Is there a torrent from anyone who got one of the DVDs at the CeBIT?
Is the CeBIT disc in English? I can't wait to get this! I just hope it displays correctly on my laptop.
I found this torrent:
http://torrent.kurz.net/KNOPPIX_V5.0...DE.iso.torrent
I assume a CD version will quickly follow. ???
sakiZ
Roadmap: Earliest date 2 weeks after CeBIT, the CD edition of KNOPPIX 5.0 should be ready and will be available for download, together wih the DVD version, from the usual mirrors.
(http://www.knopper.net/cebit/index-en.html)
MethodOne,
The CeBit version will be in German. You will need to use cheat code knoppix lang=us on the German keyboard the = is ). If you are having display problems on your laptop you might try knoppix lang=us xmodule=fbdev.
Moah.... I think that's pretty quickAnd I don't mind waiting a bit for it.
Odd thing though, I've tried loads of distros (and I mean Loads!) and I allways end up with Debian in one form or another.
Originally Posted by quoosx
I'll wait until the official release. I'm just having a resolution problem with 4.0.1. I know that xorg 6.9 in 5.0 supports 1680x1050 wth my Mobility Radeon X600 ("ati" drivers).

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Lot of 40 Mixed 16GB Ram Sticks DDR4 Laptop Mixed Brands & Speeds - All Tested
$2399.99
F4-3200C16D-64GVK G.Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz Memory
$159.00
G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO
$419.95
Kingston Fury Beast RGB 16GB(1x16GB) DDR5 5200MHz HP52U40S8MA-16FRAE
$170.00
Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3000 DIMM 288-Pin CMU32GX4M4C3000C15
$134.99
16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00