Knoppix 5.0: Looks great but I wont be able to use it. I dont have a dvd drive. Will there be a CD version of Knoppix 5.0?
==> I made a donation to thanks Klaus Knopper for his great work ! <==Originally Posted by knopnet
And I hope that you will do the same...
BTW, the KNOPPIX_V5.0.1DVD-2006-06-01-EN.iso is available via BitTorrent: http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/
and the new release has just been announced on http://distrowatch.com/
Best Regards,
Gilles
Knoppix 5.0: Looks great but I wont be able to use it. I dont have a dvd drive. Will there be a CD version of Knoppix 5.0?
Yes, eventually. Just bide your time a bit more and it'll be out. I too am eagerly awaiting the CD version (I like to have both on hand) while I leave Bit Tornado downloading the DVD.
'Goon
Yes, as far as I know, the CD version should be released soon.Originally Posted by bokaroseani
In the mean time, if you try my new 5.01 minirt_usb6.gz boot ramdisk,
you should be able to boot Knoppix 5.01 from the DVD ISO image being located on the hdd
(No DVD-Rom required) cf: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796
Best Regards,
Gilles
Downloading 5.0.1 -EN- DVD version (4,05 Gb) stopped when 98%
with message no space left...
still got 60 Gb of free space,
is it because file is bigger than 4Gb on fat32 file system ?
has someone completed the 4,05 Gb download ?
Thanks for any clue and advice...
Cromlech
Seems pretty likely. That has already been discussed in this newsgroup.Originally Posted by Cromlech
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Dear friends,
the new Knoppix 5.0.1 DVD is amazing but I have a big (for me) problem, I can not running the ndiswrapper.
Let explain to you in more details:
I have PCMCIA Linksys WPC54GS wireless card. I did install the windows driver using the command ndiswrapper -i /path/ lsbcmnds.inf and this is/was successfull
then I did the command ndiswrapper -m all ok till know.
Now it is the time to load the kernal module so I did the command modprobe ndiswrapper BUT THE LOADING OF THE MODULE GIVE ERROR (I have not it ) so the module did not loading and it is not possible to work with my wireless card.
The questuion is, if you have wireless card that needs ndiswrapper please try it and reverted to me if the result was successefull or not...
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis
I have the same problem with the CD version. I run wireless with ndiswrapper on Slackware with no troubles. I google search and a different linux forum leads me to believe it is bad ndiswrapper on Knoppix. Not impressed...........
ndiswrapper in knoppix 5.0 .1 is busted.....................and obviously was never tested
Mmm... I like the new Knoppix but I have to nitpick, I do, I must..... LinNeighborhood is gone.... and Ndiswrapper
seems to have developed a problem. Rest works fine, I'll adjust my sources list a little and see what I can apt-get into it
But I like to see LinNeighborhood back into Knoppix, Knetattach is nice but for running stuff directly from a samba server
it ain't so good as Lin (I'm lazy I just like to mount a drive by clicking around....)

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$34.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
KingFast F10 256GB 2.5” SATA III SSD Tested Working 2710DCS23BF-256
$22.89
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00