Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: News- Knoppix 5.0

  1. #71
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1DVD-2006-06-01-EN.iso is available

    Quote Originally Posted by knopnet
    If you want to hurry 5.0.1 along, send a friendly message to Klaus at:
    http://knopper.net/pay/?lang=en&type=donation
    ==> I made a donation to thanks Klaus Knopper for his great work ! <==

    And I hope that you will do the same...

    BTW, the KNOPPIX_V5.0.1DVD-2006-06-01-EN.iso is available via BitTorrent: http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/
    and the new release has just been announced on http://distrowatch.com/
    Best Regards,
    Gilles

  2. #72
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    30
    Knoppix 5.0: Looks great but I wont be able to use it. I dont have a dvd drive. Will there be a CD version of Knoppix 5.0?

  3. #73
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA USA
    Posts
    81
    Yes, eventually. Just bide your time a bit more and it'll be out. I too am eagerly awaiting the CD version (I like to have both on hand) while I leave Bit Tornado downloading the DVD.

    'Goon

  4. #74
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaroseani
    Knoppix 5.0: Looks great but I wont be able to use it. I dont have a dvd drive. Will there be a CD version of Knoppix 5.0?
    Yes, as far as I know, the CD version should be released soon.
    In the mean time, if you try my new 5.01 minirt_usb6.gz boot ramdisk,
    you should be able to boot Knoppix 5.01 from the DVD ISO image being located on the hdd
    (No DVD-Rom required) cf: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796
    Best Regards,
    Gilles

  5. #75
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4
    Downloading 5.0.1 -EN- DVD version (4,05 Gb) stopped when 98%
    with message no space left...
    still got 60 Gb of free space,
    is it because file is bigger than 4Gb on fat32 file system ?
    has someone completed the 4,05 Gb download ?
    Thanks for any clue and advice...
    Cromlech

  6. #76
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromlech
    is it because file is bigger than 4Gb on fat32 file system ?
    Seems pretty likely. That has already been discussed in this newsgroup.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  7. #77
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121

    Knoppix 5.0.1 DVD Problem with ndiswrapper

    Dear friends,
    the new Knoppix 5.0.1 DVD is amazing but I have a big (for me) problem, I can not running the ndiswrapper.
    Let explain to you in more details:
    I have PCMCIA Linksys WPC54GS wireless card. I did install the windows driver using the command ndiswrapper -i /path/ lsbcmnds.inf and this is/was successfull

    then I did the command ndiswrapper -m all ok till know.
    Now it is the time to load the kernal module so I did the command modprobe ndiswrapper BUT THE LOADING OF THE MODULE GIVE ERROR (I have not it ) so the module did not loading and it is not possible to work with my wireless card.

    The questuion is, if you have wireless card that needs ndiswrapper please try it and reverted to me if the result was successefull or not...

    Best Regards,
    Mike Kranidis

  8. #78
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2

    NDISWRAPPER

    I have the same problem with the CD version. I run wireless with ndiswrapper on Slackware with no troubles. I google search and a different linux forum leads me to believe it is bad ndiswrapper on Knoppix. Not impressed...........

  9. #79
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    38

    ndiswrapper is busted

    ndiswrapper in knoppix 5.0 .1 is busted.....................and obviously was never tested

  10. #80
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    38
    Mmm... I like the new Knoppix but I have to nitpick, I do, I must..... LinNeighborhood is gone.... and Ndiswrapper
    seems to have developed a problem. Rest works fine, I'll adjust my sources list a little and see what I can apt-get into it
    But I like to see LinNeighborhood back into Knoppix, Knetattach is nice but for running stuff directly from a samba server
    it ain't so good as Lin (I'm lazy I just like to mount a drive by clicking around....)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Similar Threads

  1. (see news) Knoppix 3.4 CD C't Ed remaster won't boot in 2.6
    By ChivalricRonin in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:54 PM
  2. K3.3 - good news, bad news
    By oldgeezer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 01:57 AM
  3. NEWS: OpenGroupware Knoppix CD Available
    By pau1knopp in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 04:58 PM
  4. Kde News - Savanna says: Kneat Knoppix
    By monkymind in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 03:33 AM
  5. Knoppix in the news
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 09:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45 picture

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45

$49.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99