Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Easy One: FTP Clients included

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    Easy One: FTP Clients included

    Can someone tell me what ftp clients are included with Knoppix? I found one I reallyliked but I can't find it anymore. I've been all through those menus 400 times it's like ti disappeared... thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I can't tell you all of the clients included. But the Konquror window that opens when Knoppix boots is an FTP client that works pretty well.

    If that doesn't suit your needs, it might help to get the package list for the CD or DVD (whichever you are using) and search the list for the string "ftp".
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245

    Re: Easy One: FTP Clients included

    Quote Originally Posted by tocleora
    I found one I reallyliked but I can't find it anymore.
    I've experience with knoppix 3.4,3.7 and 3.8.2 and I've never found nothing that would be consider a sort_of stand-alone-ftp-client.
    I've always done my ftp work with either konqueror (that is a broadly speaking 'file manager', so that manage even remote files) and command line.

Similar Threads

  1. VPN Clients on KNOPPIX
    By swan2925 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 03:57 PM
  2. CDRomless and Harddiskless clients...
    By digitalunix in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:16 AM
  3. differnt types of clients
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:43 AM
  4. Icq clients...
    By felipe_lopes in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 06:01 PM
  5. Multi-Monitor Clients off 1 Server PC
    By raptorsoft2000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 05:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI AM4 Motherboard picture

MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI AM4 Motherboard

$108.95



GIGABYTE X870E AORUS ELITE X3D Motherboard New picture

GIGABYTE X870E AORUS ELITE X3D Motherboard New

$369.00