Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Easy One: FTP Clients included

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    Easy One: FTP Clients included

    Can someone tell me what ftp clients are included with Knoppix? I found one I reallyliked but I can't find it anymore. I've been all through those menus 400 times it's like ti disappeared... thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I can't tell you all of the clients included. But the Konquror window that opens when Knoppix boots is an FTP client that works pretty well.

    If that doesn't suit your needs, it might help to get the package list for the CD or DVD (whichever you are using) and search the list for the string "ftp".
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245

    Re: Easy One: FTP Clients included

    Quote Originally Posted by tocleora
    I found one I reallyliked but I can't find it anymore.
    I've experience with knoppix 3.4,3.7 and 3.8.2 and I've never found nothing that would be consider a sort_of stand-alone-ftp-client.
    I've always done my ftp work with either konqueror (that is a broadly speaking 'file manager', so that manage even remote files) and command line.

Similar Threads

  1. VPN Clients on KNOPPIX
    By swan2925 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 03:57 PM
  2. CDRomless and Harddiskless clients...
    By digitalunix in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:16 AM
  3. differnt types of clients
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:43 AM
  4. Icq clients...
    By felipe_lopes in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 06:01 PM
  5. Multi-Monitor Clients off 1 Server PC
    By raptorsoft2000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 05:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage picture

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage

$249.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc picture

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc

$69.99



Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



RARE ATI Graphics Xpression ISA 2MB Mach64 GX EXM193 Vintage VGA Card 1995 picture

RARE ATI Graphics Xpression ISA 2MB Mach64 GX EXM193 Vintage VGA Card 1995

$225.99



Vintage CPU Lot (14) Intel Pentium AMD Athlon Motorola AS-IS Untested picture

Vintage CPU Lot (14) Intel Pentium AMD Athlon Motorola AS-IS Untested

$65.00



Vintage Video-7 VEGA 8-Bit ISA EGA Card Rev 1.06 1986 – Tested Working picture

Vintage Video-7 VEGA 8-Bit ISA EGA Card Rev 1.06 1986 – Tested Working

$149.99



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00