-
Macromedia Flash doesn't work properly.
I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 as a dual boot with Win XP. I've come across a problem with Macromedia Flash when browsing certain sites. The flash video comes across just fine, but the flash audio is just a series of beeps and screeches. I've tried installing and uninstalling from the repository using Kpackage and also downloading directly from the Macromedia web site and doing the install using Kosnsole and the ./flashplayer-installer command. The installs in both cases finish succesfully without errors, but with the same screechy sounding output when I try to access a site with flash. I even upgraded my Mozilla browser for Firefox 1.5.0.1 and went through the whole process again, but to no avail.
In the end I want a single boot linux box and this flash problem is going to be critical, as I want my daughters to still have access to their favourite web sites (such as barbie.everythinggirl.com) once I've gotten rid of the XP. Up until 2 weeks ago I had Kubuntu 5.10 installed on that same partition and had no problems of that kind at all. With the Kubuntu I had even managed to install Macromedia Flash on Konqueror, which is something else I don't seem to be able to do with Knoppix.
Any ideas/solutions anyone?
-
in my installation flash player works ok i can listen to highwaycountry.com radio just fine.
firfox 1.5.01
try invoking xmms and see if ur sound system work ok
try reinstalling alsa arts kmix aumix
there should not be a problem.
u can try dpkg-reconfigure the sound packages
also see in kcontrol if ur default sound hardware is set correctly. autodetect is best. u can try to set alsa also.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I had the same problem, After I upgraded to firefox 1.5 it went away.
Similar Threads
-
By plazzmex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-18-2005, 11:00 PM
-
By burningsun in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2005, 09:37 AM
-
By mattrock1988 in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 02:10 PM
-
By Distro-Don in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
-
By A.O.Q. in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 01:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00