Hi, after having the previous problem I downloaded another ISO of Knoppix and did the MD5 sum check, which passed. The only problem is I still can't change the nameserver in the resolv.conf file, both in the /etc/ folder and the /etc/dhcp/. I tried loading the disc to ram to make it writeable, but I still have no luck. I have tried opening it via terminal as root and superuser, but I never have enough permission.
So my question is, is it possible to change this file in the LiveCD and if so, how?

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed
$125.00
Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$110.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested
$210.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99