what filesystem type is hda7 (ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc)?
what does /etc/fstab report?
if knoppix is detecting it incorrectly (unlikley in my experience) you could try editing fstab to change the file system type.
Hi there
I need to fix some files on my Fedora Linux. I run Knoppix and everything seemed great , I have Fedora running dual boot with XP and Knoppix mounted all the partitions succesfuly ,except the one I need -hda7 ( Fedora) . When I click on it I get an error:
What can I do?Code:Could not mount device mount: I could not determine the file system type, and none was specified
what filesystem type is hda7 (ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc)?
what does /etc/fstab report?
if knoppix is detecting it incorrectly (unlikley in my experience) you could try editing fstab to change the file system type.
when i run cfdisk from knoppix i get :
is LVM mounted in a different way than say ext3?Code:hda 7 Logical Linux LVM 27554.69
LVM (Logical Volume Management) is a storage method not a filesystem type. Your fedora filesystem resides inside this logical volume.
Does knoppix support LVMs?
I found out how to mount it, using this guide : http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/LVM2
But I cannot change the permissions- its still read-only.
Does anyone know how to do it?
Good catch on this issue.
By default, knoppix mounts any external filesystem read only. You may just have to remount the file system read/write (or explicity mount it rw).
after mounting manually, if you want to remount as read / write from the command line, you could run (as root)
mount -o remount,rw,dev /dev/hda7
should work.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99