what filesystem type is hda7 (ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc)?
what does /etc/fstab report?
if knoppix is detecting it incorrectly (unlikley in my experience) you could try editing fstab to change the file system type.
Hi there
I need to fix some files on my Fedora Linux. I run Knoppix and everything seemed great , I have Fedora running dual boot with XP and Knoppix mounted all the partitions succesfuly ,except the one I need -hda7 ( Fedora) . When I click on it I get an error:
What can I do?Code:Could not mount device mount: I could not determine the file system type, and none was specified
what filesystem type is hda7 (ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc)?
what does /etc/fstab report?
if knoppix is detecting it incorrectly (unlikley in my experience) you could try editing fstab to change the file system type.
when i run cfdisk from knoppix i get :
is LVM mounted in a different way than say ext3?Code:hda 7 Logical Linux LVM 27554.69
LVM (Logical Volume Management) is a storage method not a filesystem type. Your fedora filesystem resides inside this logical volume.
Does knoppix support LVMs?
I found out how to mount it, using this guide : http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/LVM2
But I cannot change the permissions- its still read-only.
Does anyone know how to do it?
Good catch on this issue.
By default, knoppix mounts any external filesystem read only. You may just have to remount the file system read/write (or explicity mount it rw).
after mounting manually, if you want to remount as read / write from the command line, you could run (as root)
mount -o remount,rw,dev /dev/hda7
should work.

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99