what filesystem type is hda7 (ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc)?
what does /etc/fstab report?
if knoppix is detecting it incorrectly (unlikley in my experience) you could try editing fstab to change the file system type.
Hi there
I need to fix some files on my Fedora Linux. I run Knoppix and everything seemed great , I have Fedora running dual boot with XP and Knoppix mounted all the partitions succesfuly ,except the one I need -hda7 ( Fedora) . When I click on it I get an error:
What can I do?Code:Could not mount device mount: I could not determine the file system type, and none was specified
what filesystem type is hda7 (ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc)?
what does /etc/fstab report?
if knoppix is detecting it incorrectly (unlikley in my experience) you could try editing fstab to change the file system type.
when i run cfdisk from knoppix i get :
is LVM mounted in a different way than say ext3?Code:hda 7 Logical Linux LVM 27554.69
LVM (Logical Volume Management) is a storage method not a filesystem type. Your fedora filesystem resides inside this logical volume.
Does knoppix support LVMs?
I found out how to mount it, using this guide : http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/LVM2
But I cannot change the permissions- its still read-only.
Does anyone know how to do it?
Good catch on this issue.
By default, knoppix mounts any external filesystem read only. You may just have to remount the file system read/write (or explicity mount it rw).
after mounting manually, if you want to remount as read / write from the command line, you could run (as root)
mount -o remount,rw,dev /dev/hda7
should work.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99
Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99
Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00
Juniper Networks EX3300-24T EX Series 24-Port Gigabit 4-Port SFP+ Switch
$79.99
Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears
$79.99