-
How to start fluxbox from KDE without having to reboot ?
Hi, I'm using Knoppix 3.7. running from Live CD ( not installed on HD) . Is there a way to switch from KDE manager to the Fluxbox manager without having to reboot and using the cheat code on the boot prompt ? The default disply is 0:0 and KDE is running on that so can I get fluxbox to start on another display , say 0:1 and then switch seamlessly between the two. If I go to runlevel 2 ( init2 ) and issue commands to start flux box it says X-server not started and when I "startx" it goes to a root KDE session . Can I start the X server so it runs flux box ? When issuing an "init 5 " command I get back into my original kde session. Just to say I am runing from a live CD and Knoppix is not installed on my HD.
Basically I would like to change from one to the other with the minimum of fuss.
Thanks.
Mr White
Similar Threads
-
By imag in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 10:37 AM
-
By law in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By summ0n3r in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:41 PM
-
By three eyes open in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)
$269.99

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor
$85.00

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor
$85.00