Hi, I'm using Knoppix 3.7. running from Live CD ( not installed on HD) . Is there a way to switch from KDE manager to the Fluxbox manager without having to reboot and using the cheat code on the boot prompt ? The default disply is 0:0 and KDE is running on that so can I get fluxbox to start on another display , say 0:1 and then switch seamlessly between the two. If I go to runlevel 2 ( init2 ) and issue commands to start flux box it says X-server not started and when I "startx" it goes to a root KDE session . Can I start the X server so it runs flux box ? When issuing an "init 5 " command I get back into my original kde session. Just to say I am runing from a live CD and Knoppix is not installed on my HD.
Basically I would like to change from one to the other with the minimum of fuss.
Thanks.
Mr White

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00
Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers/Caddies
$144.95