-
How to start fluxbox from KDE without having to reboot ?
Hi, I'm using Knoppix 3.7. running from Live CD ( not installed on HD) . Is there a way to switch from KDE manager to the Fluxbox manager without having to reboot and using the cheat code on the boot prompt ? The default disply is 0:0 and KDE is running on that so can I get fluxbox to start on another display , say 0:1 and then switch seamlessly between the two. If I go to runlevel 2 ( init2 ) and issue commands to start flux box it says X-server not started and when I "startx" it goes to a root KDE session . Can I start the X server so it runs flux box ? When issuing an "init 5 " command I get back into my original kde session. Just to say I am runing from a live CD and Knoppix is not installed on my HD.
Basically I would like to change from one to the other with the minimum of fuss.
Thanks.
Mr White
Similar Threads
-
By imag in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 10:37 AM
-
By law in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By summ0n3r in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:41 PM
-
By three eyes open in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor
$225.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

HP Z240 Workstation INTEL Xeon E3-1240 16 GB Ram 1 TB HDD P2000 WINDOWS 11
$249.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00