-
How to start fluxbox from KDE without having to reboot ?
Hi, I'm using Knoppix 3.7. running from Live CD ( not installed on HD) . Is there a way to switch from KDE manager to the Fluxbox manager without having to reboot and using the cheat code on the boot prompt ? The default disply is 0:0 and KDE is running on that so can I get fluxbox to start on another display , say 0:1 and then switch seamlessly between the two. If I go to runlevel 2 ( init2 ) and issue commands to start flux box it says X-server not started and when I "startx" it goes to a root KDE session . Can I start the X server so it runs flux box ? When issuing an "init 5 " command I get back into my original kde session. Just to say I am runing from a live CD and Knoppix is not installed on my HD.
Basically I would like to change from one to the other with the minimum of fuss.
Thanks.
Mr White
Similar Threads
-
By imag in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 10:37 AM
-
By law in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By summ0n3r in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:41 PM
-
By three eyes open in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable
$155.00

Atari 850 Interface Module Vintage 8-Bit Computer Expansion Serial Parallel Box
$159.95

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00

Atari 800 Home Computer Later Variant In Original Styro W/ BASIC CLEAN Untested
$249.99

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00