-
Senior Member
registered user
Help installing Freevo
I would be interested in getting freevo remastered on KNX 4.0.2. However, when I do a "apt-get install freevo" the dependencies are huge, making me think that the rest of the install is unlikely to work afterwards (e.g. it wants to upgrade TONS of KDE stuff).
Any suggestions or shared experience would be greatly appreciated.
Pau1
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Help installing Freevo

Originally Posted by
pau1knopp
I would be interested in getting freevo remastered on KNX 4.0.2. However, when I do a "apt-get install freevo" the dependencies are huge, making me think that the rest of the install is unlikely to work afterwards (e.g. it wants to upgrade TONS of KDE stuff).
1
You must upgrade your system. This is what I get:
Code:
root@1[~]# apt-get install freevo
Luetaan pakettiluetteloita... Valmis
Muodostetaan riippuvuussuhteiden puu... Valmis
Seuraavat ylimääräiset paketit on merkitty asennettaviksi:
freevo-media libcrypt-ssleay-perl libfcgi-perl libhttp-cache-transparent-perl
libio-socket-ssl-perl libmime-lite-perl libossp-uuid-perl libossp-uuid13 libsoap-lite-perl
libwww-mechanize-perl libxml-twig-perl libxmltv-perl python2.3-mmpython python2.3-pylirc
xmltv-util
Ehdotetut paketit:
matrox-tools uuid libapache-mod-perl libapache2-mod-perl2 libunicode-map8-perl xmltv-gui
liblog-tracemessages-perl
Suositellut paketit:
libnet-jabber-perl libtie-ixhash-perl libxml-xpath-perl libterm-progressbar-perl
liblingua-preferred-perl libtext-kakasi-perl
Seuraavat UUDET paketit asennetaan:
freevo freevo-media libcrypt-ssleay-perl libfcgi-perl libhttp-cache-transparent-perl
libio-socket-ssl-perl libmime-lite-perl libossp-uuid-perl libossp-uuid13 libsoap-lite-perl
libwww-mechanize-perl libxml-twig-perl libxmltv-perl python2.3-mmpython python2.3-pylirc
xmltv-util
0 päivitetty, 16 uutta asennusta, 0 poistettavaa ja 9 päivittämätöntä.
Noudettavaa arkistoa 5853kt.
Purkamisen jälkeen käytetään 14,8Mt lisää levytilaa.
Haluatko jatkaa [K/e]
Not very much (14.8 MB) but my system is up-to-date (unstable). Freevo is available from unstable source:
Btw, thanks of your message. I never knew before there was such a nice program existing:"Freevo is an open-source home theatre PC platform based on Linux and a number of open-source audio/video tools."
-tapsa-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Tapsa,
Thanks for the response back. Actually, when I do this now (following a liveCD reboot), I get similar results. I must have had some unresolved dependencies when I was installing some other things from earlier. Sounds like a PEBCAK issue (problem exists between chair and keyboard).
Best regards,
~pau1
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:49 PM
-
By jazzback in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 16
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 03:07 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00

SK hynix 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR5 5600 SODIMM Laptop Memory
$149.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$200.00

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55