Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: pppoe, wifi, wlan0

  1. #1

    pppoe, wifi, wlan0

    Knoppix live CD 3.9, kernel 2.6.11,
    Knoppix is working from the cd – it is not installed on the hard drive.

    Wireless network card isn’t supported with linux drivers.
    In order to use the card I’m employing ndiswrapper.

    After the card is installed I’m connecting to my ISP’s Access Point.
    Dynamic IP is provided by DHCP.

    And here I’m in a bush.

    ISP require login and password.
    I’m using „ADSL/PPPOE configurationâ€?.
    It’s discovering PPPoE Access Concentrator on wlan0, and making changes to dsl-provider file,
    everything without any problem. I have to type login and pass and click OK. few times and it is done even with information that ppp0 is triggered but basically is not working.
    After typing in the text mode as root „pon dsl-providerâ€? Knoppix will return

    Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded
    /usr/sbin/pppd: In file /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider: unrecognized option 'wlan0'

    If I will type ifconfig wlan0 is listed and I can see that IP, and proper ssid is assigned.

    I will appreciate any help or suggestion, tks.

    Konrad

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    135

    pppoe, wifi, wlan0

    If you are connecting through a wireless router, your router should be set up to handle the pppoe connection. At which point, you connect to your router directly as only an ethernet connection.

    I seem to remember that to handle the pppoe connection from linux, somewhere in the ppp config files you have to map your physical connection (wlan0) to ppp0 which your network stack uses.

  3. #3
    This is not my Access Point, the device bilongs to my ISP, I'm connecting with my wlan0 to AP, dhcp is assigning my IP. but to access internet I have to logon.

    Konrad

Similar Threads

  1. Cant save Wlan0
    By ex-para in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 04:56 AM
  2. Adriane can't connect to wireless Wlan0.
    By ex-para in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
  3. wifi, pppoe
    By konrad.gajda in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 11:00 AM
  4. Auditor wlan0 Config
    By Jynx512 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:55 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$699.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981 picture

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981

$199.99



LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold picture

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold

$749.99



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$69.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE picture

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE

$299.99