Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: problem detecting hardware ITE8212f PCI raid/250mb ZIP

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    problem detecting hardware ITE8212f PCI raid/250mb ZIP

    Hello, I'm somewhat new with linux, well(live cds) knoppix anyway and am having trouble with this Raid controler and zip drive, the computer
    I'm currnetly on was and old rack mound P4 2.4ghz that I put in a case as a desktop because the old SCSI controller failed and fried the old HDs.
    Long story short Its my new desktop and I wanted to use knoppix (4.0.2) as my OS because I could fiddle with it and then maybe later hd-install it.
    I installed a ITE8212F PCI Raid card to add some extrat hds(15gb 45gb) I also installed windows server 2k and it detects the card and HDs, and from looking a the lspci -v printout it looks like it is detected but not useable, and I'm just hitting a wall thinking about how to get it to work. Also I have a 250mb ZIP disk installed and it to will not work though it is not listed in the "lspci" and I've tried every trick I could google for and it still wont detect. If some one could point me in the right direction I would be forever in your dept.


    0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset Host Bridge (rev 11)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset Host Bridge
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 64
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32

    0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    I/O ports at d800 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c2
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
    I/O ports at d000 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c2
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at d400 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB 2.0 EHCI Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB 2.0 EHCI Controller
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 9
    Memory at db100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 81) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 0000a000-0000cfff
    Memory behind bridge: d8000000-daffffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: db000000-db0fffff

    0000:00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL (ICH4/ICH4-L) LPC Bridge (rev 01)
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0

    0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL (ICH4/ICH4-L) UltraATA-100 IDE Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c2
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at f000 [size=16]
    Memory at 30000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

    0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c2
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at 0500 [size=32]

    0000:02:01.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL (rev 27) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL
    Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 9
    Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
    I/O ports at a000 [size=256]
    Memory at da080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:02:04.0 Unknown mass storage controller: Integrated Technology Express, Inc. IT/ITE8212 Dual channel ATA RAID controller (PCI version seems to be IT8212, embedded seems (rev 13)
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at a400 [size=8]
    I/O ports at a800 [size=4]
    I/O ports at ac00 [size=8]
    I/O ports at b000 [size=4]
    I/O ports at b400 [size=16]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:02:06.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. PRO/1000 MT Desktop Adapter
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 19
    Memory at da000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
    Memory at da020000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
    I/O ports at b800 [size=64]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:02:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
    Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV Series
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 20
    Memory at db000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:02:07.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
    Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV Series
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
    Memory at db001000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82801BD PRO/100 VE (LOM) Ethernet Controller (rev 81)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 3005
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 20
    Memory at da081000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    I/O ports at bc00 [size=64]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:02:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1370 [AudioPCI]
    Subsystem: Unknown device 4942:4c4c
    Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ 21
    I/O ports at c000 [size=64]

    0000:02:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. PRO/1000 MT Desktop Adapter
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
    Memory at da040000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
    Memory at da060000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
    I/O ports at c400 [size=64]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    135

    problem detecting hardware ITE8212f PCI raid/250mb ZIP

    "0000:02:04.0 Unknown mass storage controller: Integrated Technology Express, Inc. IT/ITE8212 Dual channel ATA RAID controller (PCI version seems to be IT8212, embedded seems (rev 13) "

    This line says it all.

    Find a distribution that has support for your controller.

Similar Threads

  1. RAIDExpress 133 RAID problem...
    By SMNug in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 04:22 PM
  2. How to see drives off ITE8212F
    By B. Switzer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 05:23 AM
  3. SATA-Raid Problem with 4.02 (Raid 1 not rocognized)
    By Eru_Ascar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
  4. 250MB ZIP issue and Radeon 9600 series (v350)
    By hyp4knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 09:02 AM
  5. using qtpart in knoppix to resize ntfs hardware raid 1
    By rigger in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 12:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$1444.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe picture

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe

$284.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50