-
Sierra Aircard 850 and Knoppix 4.0
Step 1: add usb serial driver to kernel.
sudo insmod /lib/modules/2.6.12/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko vendor=0x1199 product=0x0112
dmesg shows the card as having ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 ports.
I tried using kppp under KDE. I made a symlink to /dev/modem at KNOPPIX => Network/Internet => /dev/modem connection setup.
Next, I went to KPPP and set up an account/modem combo that dials #777.
I can dial and connect to the internet quite well, but the dang connection keeps dropping after a few minutes.
Any ideas?
Also, how do I merge this driver into the kernel permanently?
Thanks
Brian
Similar Threads
-
By wintermute3 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W
$24.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99