I have been wondering if kernels in Knoppix are compiled with --initrd option or not. I think they are not. Has nowbody installed Knoppix recently and remembers if initrd.img was created during hd install?
The problem is that initrd kernel needs either mkinitramfs-tools (depends of udev) or yaird and they are not in basic Knoppix. I would like to use old mkinitrd at this time.
I compile kernel in a Debian way to make .deb packages:
I use nowadays vanilla kernel ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kerne...2.6.15.tar.bz2 with archck patchset http://iphitus.loudas.com/archck.phpCode:make-kpkg --initrd kernel_image
-tapsa-

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99