I found this link where Klaus talks about how to split the two compressed files. He said that it should "perfectly scriptable" . I don't think that I could write the script. But I hope it helps.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00015.html
Hi all!
There's many of us that wants to remaster new Knoppix as soon as possible, but what is the best and easiest way to do that with DVD?
I have made remastering of Knoppix CD with Farian Franz's menu based scripts but have never tried to remaster Knoppix DVD with two cloop images. I have also made a DVD myself but only with one cloop under 2 GB.
I like menu based scrips but how to change them for DVD remasterings? So I think that I must learn an other method but what? There seems to be so many different methods but what is the best?
There is some thing that I thinks remastering scripts should do automatically:
- purge temp and cache files
- purge system specific files
- delete user's own personal information
- purge hidden files at least from /root
- create a compressed file system
- create isofs
Could some or all of these tasks be done with Fabian Franz's scripts?
-tapsa-
I found this link where Klaus talks about how to split the two compressed files. He said that it should "perfectly scriptable" . I don't think that I could write the script. But I hope it helps.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00015.html
Thank you for the link. I think Mr. Knoppxer said that mkisofs should be used with -m option to exclude separately directories which are in cloop0 and cloop1 images. This is clear to me and there can be made two separate script for both images by modifying a script from http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_HowtoOriginally Posted by nvgringo
Is this so simple that you install everyting as before but separate directories by mkisofs -m option which goes to KNOPPIX (cloop0) and KNOPPIX2 (cloop1)? And everything is joined together in minirt.gz and using unionfs.
Hope Fabian would make some changes to his good remaster scripts to include more than one cloop device.
-tapsa-
I think that is is that simple. The question I have is how do you exclude files in the /usr directory for each cloop file? and which files must be in KNOPPIX. Shouldn't the KNOPPIX file be almost Identical to the original on the remaster? It has everything that is needed to boot. And it is alread full. With the exceptions of updates(that are the same size) and changes to the configuration files. Shouldn't the KNOPPIX file remain mostly in tact? Most of the new programs would need to be in the KNOPPIX2 file. The thing is since the two (KNOPPIX) files are merged at boot up how can you tell which (KNOPPIX) file contains what /usr files on the original?

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00
AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00