-
I disagree a little. 5.3 is sluggish and has about 10 kilograms of excess stuff I will never use.
Create a large home directory with 6.01, and just open synaptic and download/upgrade what you need.
I used knoppix prior to the 6.01 release and saving sessions was oddly cumbersome and unreliable for me (.img for home and .tar.gz for config?!) I just never really stuck to it.
I am using 6.01 as my main OS (I have Arch w Kdemod 4.2, Kubuntu Karmic, XP) and not as a Hard install, but as the 'boot from image using a home directory .img' I am not only impressed with it's speed but overall utility.
I guess it depends on what you need.
Some important things ARE missing: build-essential and ndiswrapper. Say you have a wireless device, no lan cable but you do have the win driver. Ndiswrapper is such a small package to have on the CD. Build-essential is not so small, but somewhat necessary.
I wish everyone would drop networkmanager in favor of WICD!
Similar Threads
-
By neur0 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-13-2005, 10:31 AM
-
By amodjoshi in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:32 AM
-
By PrOmETeO in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
-
By LinuxGozer in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By satimis in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 990 Pro Solid State Drive 1TB PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
$204.99