-
Senior Member
registered user
Does Knoppix come with a firewall?
Hi;
Does the latest knoppix come with a firewall, and if I install it on my hard drive will it be set up and running?
I will be on a cable modem, do I need to change the settings on the firewall, if so, how?
Is my machine safe from being damaged if I run knoppix off of my cdrom?
Thanks in advance for the info
Steve
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Does Knoppix come with a firewall?

Originally Posted by
beforewisdom
Hi;
Does the latest knoppix come with a firewall, and if I install it on my hard drive will it be set up and running?
Yes of course, as almost any other linux distro, his name is 'iptables'. I would suggest you an 'iptables' keyword search on www.google.com/linux
-
Look on main menu "a gear with K" then [KNOPPIX] [SERVICES] [KNOPPIX Firewall]
Similar Threads
-
By zenlakin in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2007, 10:09 PM
-
By teafiorka in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
-
By dmizer in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2006, 12:40 AM
-
By 3dmatrix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 12:33 AM
-
By RT in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB
$49.99

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box
$75.00

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988
$200.00

Vintage Philips CD-RW External Drive PCRW464k47 CDRW400 Series USB 2.0 Tested
$35.00

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37