Hi, I am hoping someone here has done this already. I want to copy the raw files off of my DVR. I do not want to capture them like I would a video camera. I have read this is possible using Knoppix and Knoppix will see the firewired DVR as a hard drive.
I connected up but saw nothing by way of another drive on the system. I know the firewire port on the DVR is enabled because windows finds it. But I was hoping to do this thru linux.
Has anyone successfully done this using Knoppix?

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
W&T 50519 Pure.box 3 USB Linux Thin Client Industrial PC Embedded Server
$134.25
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99