how would i config knoppix.sh (on a floppy)to laod ltmodemdrivers.deb on boot?
will it even work?
i ask this b/c i tried to install them after knoppix fully laoded and it said it could not write to a read only file system. go figure... :P
how would i config knoppix.sh (on a floppy)to laod ltmodemdrivers.deb on boot?
will it even work?
i ask this b/c i tried to install them after knoppix fully laoded and it said it could not write to a read only file system. go figure... :P
Where is that ltmodemdrivers.deb from? Do you mean http://www.heby.de/ltmodem? You could try to install them on a Knoppix HD install. Or you could unpack the .deb into your home directory with unp and then try to insmod them. Let us know if it works.
how do you unp and insmod them?
is there anyway i can tell if the modem will work without really dialing out?
and yes the debian modem drivers from that site.
Since I don't have this modem here right now, I couldn't actually test what I propose. Open a console and try:
The documentation then is inCode:sudo su cd ~ wget http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/dists....26a9_i386.deb unp ltmodem-2.4.20_8.26a9_i386.deb unp data.tar.gz insmod -f /home/root/lib/modules/2.4.20/ltmodem/lt_modem.o insmod -f /home/root/lib/modules/2.4.20/ltmodem/lt_serial.o
/home/root/usr/share/doc/ltmodem-2.4.20/DOCs
The utilities mentioned are in
/home/root/usr/share/doc/ltmodem-2.4.20/utils
Dudes,
I am loading the drivers successfully from hda1(a FAT32 win partition), having partly compiled them - here is the script:
-------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
chmod 777 /var/log/syslog
chmod 777 /var/log/messages
cd /mnt/hda1/knoppix #this is where I keep the compiled modules
mknod /dev/ttyLT0 c 62 64
chmod a+rw /dev/ttyLT0
ln -sf /dev/ttyLT0 /dev/modem
insmod -f lt_modem.o
insmod -f lt_serial.o
---------------------------------------------------------
and here is the topic I got it from:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2050#9512
I'm going to remaster and try to include this, but I'm a newbie and will probably fail

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99