-
Junior Member
registered user
config knoppix.sh (on a floppy) to load modem drivers....
how would i config knoppix.sh (on a floppy)to laod ltmodemdrivers.deb on boot?
will it even work?
i ask this b/c i tried to install them after knoppix fully laoded and it said it could not write to a read only file system. go figure... :P
-
Senior Member
registered user
Where is that ltmodemdrivers.deb from? Do you mean http://www.heby.de/ltmodem? You could try to install them on a Knoppix HD install. Or you could unpack the .deb into your home directory with unp and then try to insmod them. Let us know if it works.
-
Junior Member
registered user
how do you unp and insmod them?
is there anyway i can tell if the modem will work without really dialing out?
and yes the debian modem drivers from that site.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Since I don't have this modem here right now, I couldn't actually test what I propose. Open a console and try:
The documentation then is in
/home/root/usr/share/doc/ltmodem-2.4.20/DOCs
The utilities mentioned are in
/home/root/usr/share/doc/ltmodem-2.4.20/utils
-
Dudes,
I am loading the drivers successfully from hda1(a FAT32 win partition), having partly compiled them - here is the script:
-------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
chmod 777 /var/log/syslog
chmod 777 /var/log/messages
cd /mnt/hda1/knoppix #this is where I keep the compiled modules
mknod /dev/ttyLT0 c 62 64
chmod a+rw /dev/ttyLT0
ln -sf /dev/ttyLT0 /dev/modem
insmod -f lt_modem.o
insmod -f lt_serial.o
---------------------------------------------------------
and here is the topic I got it from:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2050#9512
I'm going to remaster and try to include this, but I'm a newbie and will probably fail
Similar Threads
-
By Jack D Ripper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By hkphooey in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 06:59 PM
-
By skefrank in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 04:56 PM
-
By Dodson65 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 10:43 PM
-
By kha in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79