-
Junior Member
registered user
im gonna have to buy red hat!
thanks for your help henk, I tried all in your last message, to no avial
I'm gonna try and sound a bit more desperate by listing my problem under the heading
"im gonna have to buy red hat!"
and see if I can get any joy.
Meantime, if you come up with anything, please let me know!
Cozzy
-
Senior Member
registered user
tried failsafe and expert?
tried testcd ?
In rare cases, linux won't work with your processor / mb. If nothing else works, try downloading something like the debian install CD ( 30 mb ) and see if that boots. It may be a bug in the way the kernel is configured.
Is your cpu overclocked? Check in the bios, if you have plug&play OS turn it off. If you have an OS selection, change it to UNIX ( newer MB's ).
-
Junior Member
registered user
I tried this:
tried failsafe and expert.
got a black screen with lots of writing,
but I did notice "SMP motherboard not dected" 2 lines from the bottom
the screen then froze, no keys worked, and I had to reset.
in bios, I changed Plug and Play aware o/s to 'no'
same result
reading the motherboard manual:
my motherboard is a pc ddr266 systemboard m825 series
has a km266chipset that supports 4x AGP slot, 100/133 MHz DDR/SDR
The mainboard has the built-in AC97 Codec, and CNR slot and a built-in 10BaseT/100BaseTX Network interface
Has the 128-bit 2D/3D AGP graphics accelerator with 32mb frame buffer, suppoorting AGP 4X 266MHz mode up to 1GB/s bandwidth.
hope this helps
thanks for all the assistance
Cozzy
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: I tried this:

Originally Posted by
cozzy
tried failsafe and expert.
got a black screen with lots of writing,
but I did notice "SMP motherboard not dected" 2 lines from the bottom
the screen then froze, no keys worked, and I had to reset.
Cozzy
Did you boot:
knoppix nosmp
Have you disabled IRQ sharing in the BIOS?
Do you have another monitor to try out?
-
Are you sure this is not a problem withyour cd? Could be the cd drive or the cd missreading? Have you tried another monitor, or video card?
Good luck. Jimmy
Similar Threads
-
By floydian1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
-
By comanam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
-
By Bucky Ball in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:45 AM
-
By rrud in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge T140 Tower Intel E-2146G 3.5Ghz | 32GB RAM | H330 | 365w | iDRAC9
$549.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00