Is there a way to set a cheat code while Knoppix is running?
Can I manipulate /proc/cmdline and add the noeject code?
Is there a way to set a cheat code while Knoppix is running?
Can I manipulate /proc/cmdline and add the noeject code?
I can't see any other method way other than the one you've described. I've never tried to do that myself but you could certainly give it a shot.
Please let us know how it works.
I came up with an easy "fix" while reading another thread. I like to use XOSL as a boot loader. With XOSL installed you can stuff characters in the keyboard buffer when the booting OS is ready for them, So you could easily create a boot menu like:
I suggest installing XOSL on it's own tiny partition whenever first setting up a computer or repartitioning a hard drive. There are some other advantages to booting with it over Grub or Lilo that I mention in the other thread.Code:1. WinXP 2. Win98 3. Debian 4. Boot CD drive #1 5. Boot CD drive #2 6. Boot Knoppix in CD #1 with acpi=off 7. Boot Knoppix in CD #1 with toram, myconfig=scan
By the way, the XOSL technique has the added advantage of affixing the cheat codes to the system that needs them, not to the CD or DVD. That way you can use the same CD in several systems that might need different cheat codes, or carry it elsewhere, and it will behave like a normal Knoppix CD (which it is). You also can download new versions of Knoppix and not have to edit anything to make the work automatically with the same codes (although on occasion a new version does either need different codes or no longer needs codes it perviously did, but this is extremely easy to change in XOSL, whithout even manually editing a config file).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Maybe I was not completely clear on what you were asking. Once Knoppix is already up the cheat codes have alread done their thing. Of course, the noeject is an obvious exception there, and there are likely several ways to aviod the eject at shutdown if that is what you are after. But in the more general sense of changing cheat codes I think you have to focus on manually entering them, editing the ISO to force codes, or use a bootloader trick to feed the standard ISO the proper codes. Sure, for some codes Linux will let you change things after boot, starting a different GUI for example. But in general cheat codes are intended to help "guide" the hardware detection or override it.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99