Hi *,
.
I am using Knoppix V4.0.2, which is packaged with:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050911 Firefox/1.0.6 (Debian package 1.0.6-5)
.
I am developing a site that uses Firefox/1.5 as normative browser, so I installed it (downloaded sources and run "make" to compile/install them) on an external drive. I then start it using the dot + fort-slash local indication to the Linux OS, like this:
.
sh-3.00# ./firefox -version
Mozilla Firefox 1.5, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2005 mozilla.org
.
Now, the thing is that I need to add on extensiones to the FF 1.5 installation and somehow the installation is not persistent. Each time you shutdown FF the addon disappears from "Tools > Extensions". You only find "DOM Inspector 1.8" and "Talkback 1.5".
.
If you go "Tools > Extensions" and click on "Get More Extensions" and select Html Validator 0.7.9:
.
https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox
.
then click on "Install Now"
.
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...mz-windows.xpi
.
I can see "Html Validator 0.7.9" added to my extensiones after I:
1._ shutdown FF
2._ restarted via sh-3.00# ./firefox -version
to see that "Html Validator 0.7.9" is installed. When I go "Tools > Extensions".I still see it and when I go "View > Page Source": I see the three pane windows (instead of just one), but after booting up knoppix it all goes away.
.
How can you install addons to FF in an external drive, so that when you restart knoppix it is still there?
.
Albretch

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99