Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: gaim .deb .rpm hell

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122

    gaim .deb .rpm hell

    Well, I am using kanotix 2005-04 and am running into trouble with installing gaim. gaim comes preincluded on knoppix v3.8 which is what I use for my live-cd needs, so I was wondering if any of the users here who have installed kanotix on their hard drives have managed to get gaim installed on their machines, and if so, how did you do it? I have been combing the net trying to find the correct .deb and .rpm files. I have tried apt-get, but have not been able to get it to install gaim or any other packages, I tried rpm install and dpkg and none seem to be able to install gaim for me any info on how to install gaim correctly, what is the correct package and depending packages to download for gaim on kanotix or debian in general?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    ok, I figured out the apt-get installation by rereading some of the apt-get sticky, and it clicking in my head(so should I avoid third party .deb packages?), so any way I type
    Code:
    apt-get install gaim
    and I get a broken dependency error:
    Code:
    Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
    the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
    that package should be filed.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:
    
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      gaim: Depends: gaim-data (= 1:1.5.0+1.5.1cvs20051015-2) but 1:1.5.0+2.0.0beta2-1 is to be installed
    E: Broken packages
    so does anyone know how I can change the file so the gaim dependency matches? and sorry about cluttering the forums with this here I just am really fond of gaim, and would hate to lose it

Similar Threads

  1. Printer Hell
    By sakiZ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 02:58 AM
  2. Frozen bubble hell--help!
    By Freitag in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 12:31 AM
  3. I am in hell, Trust me.
    By Schopenhauer101 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 06:25 AM
  4. Java Upgrade Hell
    By Arkaein in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 04:00 AM
  5. Everything goes to hell after ppoe install... plz help me
    By Jackson5 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 05:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black picture

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black

$44.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



YEALINK  W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR picture

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR

$50.00