Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Root password

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Root password

    Can anybody tell me the root password the reason I ask is that now I have finally started KDE I can not make any changes to my system set up as I am asked for roots password.Can anybody help please?

    Newbie

    D.Templer

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    7
    David,

    I'm assumming that you're booting from the cd, in the start menu under KNOPPIX, you should see root shell, use a text editor(such as vi) to make changes. If you try using vi, I suggest looking at the man pages if you haven't used it before.

    Hope that help's
    Dave S.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    15
    There is no password (yet). Look at this topic: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=364#1313 or use Search.

    goba

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Root password

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTempler
    Can anybody tell me the root password the reason I ask is that now I have finally started KDE I can not make any changes to my system set up as I am asked for roots password.Can anybody help please?

    Newbie

    D.Templer
    Open a console sudo passwd to set a root password.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Re: Root password

    [Open a console sudo passwd to set a root password.[/quote]

    Thank you for your help now how to get my sound card working!!!!!

    D.Templer

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Root password

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTempler

    Thank you for your help now how to get my sound card working!!!!!

    D.Templer
    sudo sndconfig if that does not work what type of card do you have.

Similar Threads

  1. Root Password (what is it?)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
  2. root Password?
    By Syrus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:25 AM
  3. root password
    By kornface13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 02:14 PM
  4. Root password?
    By CyberShadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM
  5. Root Password
    By VBgod in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules picture

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules

$599.00



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$8999.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99